Project Overview: Promo
This project is considered one of the largest fisheries development projects in Egypt. The project aims to establish fish farms with an area of 80 million square meters to produce 55 thousand tons of fish annually.
Scope of Work:
1. Construction works of basins, bridges, canals, drains and service roads for 3 first-stage basins and 800 second-stage basins
2. The works of drainage networks and bridges in front of canals
3. Construction of stone barriers, shipyards, and canal intakes and hostilities. The works include excavation with a quantity of up to 500 thousand m3, filling in quantities of up to 1.5 million m3, forming inclinations of lengths of 100 km and pipe works with diameters from 20 mm to 200 mm and lengths of up to 18 Km and control rooms in the irrigation and drainage entrances with 200 rooms, construction of stone barriers with a quantity of 200 thousand tons, casting of concrete blocks of tetrapods with a number of 1500 blocks, work of cladding with a surface mortar of 7000 square meters. As a dock for ships.
EDECS established a number of Bogazs, consisting of four stone barriers extending into the seawater in East Port Said,
North Sinai, to control the direction and the movement of the seawater inside and outside of the free fishing lake to improve the water quality in the lake and to provide a natural environment for fish farming and free fishing.
In order to ensure the connection of the coastal road north of the free fishing lakes, a bridge is constructed over each inlet, with a length of about 85 meters for each bridge, so that these bridges allow navigation between the free fishing lakes and the open sea, with traffic moving over the navigational openings of the inlet.
4. Establishing 2 boilers (middle and western) with a width of 20 meters to pass the water.
5. Making two jetties for each inlet with a length of 600 m perpendicular to the beach and extending into the sea to a depth of (-2.0 m) and penetrating the coastal strip and extending into the lake and on the beach where the amount of stones used is about 300,000 cubic meters and the amount of fabric is 87,000 square meters, The drilling volumes are 260,000 m3.
6. The work also includes the construction of 2 concrete bridges so that each bridge with a length of 84 m per inlet is constructed to extend the coastal road path along the area north of the fish farms, where the estimated amount of reinforced concrete required to implement the foundations and the pillars of the reinforced concrete walls and the bridge slab is estimated to be 4000 m3. In order for the water to pass to the free fishing lakes, it requires 2 inlets with a width of 70 meters and a length of 900 meters perpendicular to the shore, and the stages of implementation of the inlets are as follows:
The first phase began with site preparation work by making the necessary permits to enter trucks, equipment, individuals, offices, warehouses, etc., preparing and approving the executive drawings from the consultant, supplying the materials and tools necessary to implement the project, and approving the concrete mix design and related tests. And removing all obstacles outside the project site and then equipping offices at the highest level and making temporary methods to facilitate the movement of cars and equipment entry and exit, and providing adequate lighting to ensure continuity of work over the 24-hour system of the Wardi system for the need to work for this, in addition to providing water, placing instructional panels, and providing Personal protection tools for individuals to provide a safe environment for work in addition to providing ambulance services for emergency situations and providing maximum protection to maintain the safety of project workers.
Then comes the second stage, where soil surveys and research are done, samples are taken, and laboratory and field tests are conducted on them. Then the technical report is made by a specialized advisory office on the nature of soil layers and submitted to the project consultant for review and approval. Also, the surveying process is done by using very accurate devices after making calibration certificates for them from accredited entities, in order to ensure accuracy in the implementation process, and the surveying process is done after determining the fixed locations of the robots, reviewing them, and approving them from the consultant.
In Parallel to the preparation of stone storing yards that will be used to create tongues, then samples of stones of various sizes and weights are sent to the laboratory to conduct the necessary tests for them, to ensure that they comply with the project’s specifications and to approve the results of these tests from the consultant.
A preliminary survey is made to make sure that the sea levels are aligned with the sections of the barrier before starting to install the stones (Bathymetric survey).