Port Said East Port is one of the Egyptian ports Belonging to the General Authority of Port Said Port.
It is located east of the eastern Tafreih of the Suez Canal and is one of the most important axes of international trade between Europe and the East Mediterranean.
East Port Said Port is considered one of the major national projects and was inaugurated in October 2004 to serve the international trade and the transit trades that cross from the Suez Canal. The port is located in a unique location in the east of the northern entrance of the eastern side of the Suez Canal and at the confluence of three continents and on the main road of the East-West’s confluence. It is planned to make the most of this site to be the first nucleus for the establishment of the largest promising industrial zone its production is for export, to attract the major international shipping lines.
The port area is 35 km2 and the port is planned for the construction of berths with a length of 12 km. and is planned establishment of an industrial zone south of the port on an area of 87.6 million square meters. The total area of the current container terminal is 600 thousand square meters, with a width of 500 meters, based on the importance of the geographical and economic location of the region, the Egyptian armed forces established a naval base with a length of 2 km on the Mediterranean coast at the eastern region of Tafreih. It was also decided to provide the base with a quay wall with a length of 1000 meters to serve the military base and to reach the depth of the wall to 14 meters to serve a wide range of ships.
The scope of works includes the following :
Construction of 1000 m Quay Wall
- Site preparation and investigation including topographic & bathymetric survey and soil investigation to 80 m deep.
- Land reclamation to add over 30.000 m2 to the quay wall and stacking area. This includes backfilling of about 30.000 cubic meters of clean sand.
- Excavating and constructing 1040 m length of about 42,000 square meters of Diaphragm Walls with 0.80 meter thickness and 64 meters depth
- Excavating and constructing about 383 barrettes (0.80 m by 2.8 m and about 64 meters deep).
- The total quantity of reinforced concrete exceeds 126,000 cubic meters with about 30.000 tons of weld-able steel. Two concrete batch plants were installed on the site
- Constructing the copping beams, girders, and deck slabs with a total area of 22.000 m2.
- Installation of 100 cell fenders and 50 bollards.
- Installation of two ready mix concrete batching plants was installed to secure a heavy daily demand of up to 1000 m3 totaling about 150,000 m3 of concrete for the quay-wall, capping beams, girders, and slabs.
Construction of Breakwater:
- Site preparation and investigation including a bathymetric survey to 1000 from the shoreline.
- Supply and installation of 300,000 cubic meters of hard Dolomite rock with a wide range of sizes from 20 kg to 2000 kg. The breakwater length exceeds 2450 m.
- Construction of lean concrete Fascia over the breakwater with a total quantity of 16500 cubic meters.
- Rock removal of the existing breakwater located at the west of the navy base with a total length of 1000 m and estimated rock of 100,000 cubic meters.
- Construction of the shoreline at the eastern boundary of the base.