About the Role
• Calculating the quantities of all items in the B.O.Q table of quantities, and calculates the quantities according to the approved plans for the project.
• Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Supporting Technical Office personnel in quantity surveys (quantity take-offs) for the architectural items of the project (whenever needed).
• Following-up of the document-keeping system for the technical office and ensure its integrity
• Reviewing quantity surveying for subcontractors, and coordinate with relevant personnel for issuing payment invoices, or review, issue, and sign the invoices if auth.
• Writing subcontractors’ and clients’ invoices, and coordinate with relevant departments/personnel to obtain or provide the needed data (g. quantity take-offs) for correct and accurate charge of payment amounts and/or for issuing the invoices.
• Preparing monthly report presenting the current situation of executed work.
• Supporting Technical Office personnel in shop drawing for the Civil aspects of the project (whenever needed).
• Preparing and follow-up the documentation for claims and variation orders.
• Writing and submit a report, whenever required, to compare between quantity take-offs of subcontractors and clients to identify any conflicts or inconsistencies; and submit Cost Control department for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
• Preparing owner and Subcontractor billing statements.
• Supervising, guiding, and monitoring subordinates’ performance, and provide technical assistance (in quantity survey).
Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Architecture Engineering.
6+ years in Technical Office department as QS.
Excellent use of Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
About the Company
During the last 26 years, EDECS has become a significant player in marine constructions, infrastructure, large-scale earthworks, water treatment plants, water desalination plants, railways, roads, and bridges in Egypt.
Over 6.5 billion Egyptian Pounds ($415 million) worth of projects have been completed & delivered, with a further over 10 billion Egyptian Pounds ($ 640 million) backlogs of projects to be completed in 2021.
We extended our operations to Saudi Arabia and plan to expand further across the Middle East and North Africa.