About the Role
• Ensure the implementation of HSE Plan in palace.
• Ensure the safety awareness and precautions is discussed.
• Stationed on site and reporting to HSE Engineer/supervisor on HSE matters.
• Make sure implementation of Project safety Plan and safety procedures and processes, method statements and associated risk assessments.
• Immediately report any Non – conformances, corrective action reports or safety violation slips issued to the Project engineer verbally and by hand written report copied to the HSE department.
• Liaise with site engineers with tool box talk’s topics and material received from HSE office.
• Liaise as necessary with site staff on matter concerning HSE.
• Attend General HSE Coordination meetings.
• Expedite the closing out of any Non-Conformances or Corrective actions through the construction group as a result of inspection or audit carried out.
• Conduct daily safety inspections to monitor works against documented safe system of work / Permit to work.
• Prepare daily safety inspection report and send a copy to HSE Engineer/ Manager.
• Any Imminent Danger will be immediately brought to the individual concern and it should be reported to the Construction manager / HSE Engineer/ HSE manager in case of the work requiring to be ceased.
• He will ensure that all accidents, near miss incidents, dangerous occurrences are immediately reported to the HSE supervisor by phone and later by hand written preliminary report from concerned supervisor.
• He will investigate all accidents, near miss incidents in his area and will submit a detailed report to HSE office within 24 hrs.
• Attend Safety meetings (Site and Combined) – raise safety issue.
• Attend the weekly safety tool box talk meetings. Create safety awareness among all employees on incidents; accidents occurred during the week and on specific situational hazards.
• He will review and generate a report from the sub contractor’s weekly safety report, scaffolding inspection reports and test certificates on lifting and complicated machineries.
• He will be the coordinator to assist his parcel manager and his team in handling “EMERGENCY” situations.
• Liaise with the area Managers and provide on job training materials.
· Intermediate degree.
· 3+ years in HSE department.
· Previous experience in a similar role/environment is prefered.
About the Company
During the last 26 years, EDECS has become a significant player in marine constructions, infrastructure, large-scale earthworks, water treatment plants, water desalination plants, railways, roads, and bridges in Egypt.
Over 6.5 billion Egyptian Pounds ($415 million) worth of projects have been completed & delivered, with a further over 10 billion Egyptian Pounds ($ 640 million) backlogs of projects to be completed in 2021.
We extended our operations to Saudi Arabia and plan to expand further across the Middle East and North Africa."